New Photoshop CS4 Actions: Bottles and Cans

I hope this makes up for the lack of updates!
Right now you can download these 3 exclusive Photoshop CS4 Actions from a new series that is being worked on (Bottles & Cans). Please make note, these scripts work best with CS4. There may be flaws if running on earlier versions so please keep that in mind.

Let me know how they work out. Thanks!

-Mark

can001

wine001

pill001

Soda label credit The Inconvenience Movie
Wine label credit Robert Kacher Selections
Bottle label credit Cogedi

Reply with Comment

Comments

1. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | Nora Sun

2. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow |Layout to HTML

3. Pingback: My Blog » DANG! This would’ve been nice to have last year during class, hahahaha.

4. peter

Hi Marc,

found this great actions and tried the Wine001.
    It runs fine on my machine and produces a wonderful bottle of wine including the “label”.
    as a photoshop beginner I could not get close to do the lettering like the sample shows
    and I found no way to access the text fields after the action has finished.
    Guess it is not 100% inside the box what is outside shown.
    Assume the little chateau logo is not part of the action,
    i.e. I inserted an own one…but it does not look very good.

Maybe in addition to the great picture showing the “action result”
    there could be a little narrative explaining what will no be part of the action,
    or show a small thumb nail of the result when the action is run without any modification.

As all your actions look super and wonderful, I’ll keep running and will try some other action from your site.

5. Pingback: Photoshop Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow

6. leoak471

Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my site so i got here to return the choose?.I am attempting to find issues to enhance my website!I suppose its adequate to use some of your concepts!!

7. Darrel

Whats up very cool site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally¡KI am satisfied to find a lot of useful information right here in the submit, we want develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

8. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools - Wilson Joseph

9. Pingback: Útiles herramientas de Photoshop y las técnicas del trabajo fluido « Articles « HonduranART

10. Aqeel

This is great idea!!!I hope you will have in future more brilliant releases like this one, Cover Action Pro Make Designer;s life more happiness.

Thanks All Designers!

11. photoshop elements tutorials

Hi there, simply was aware of your blog via Google, and located that it is truly informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I?ll be grateful when you proceed this in future. Many folks will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

12. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow - pocongseXy ::Art and Dezign::

13. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | Sejix Technologies Blog

14. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | 87studios.net

15. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow - desmaksolutions.com | desmaksolutions.com

16. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | 20 One | Designers Blog

17. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | Remake Wordpress Theme

18. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | test2

19. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | Ruturaj Pradeep Kohok | Your Web Advisor

20. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow - Welege

21. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow « e-wok.fr, le blog

22. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | Web Design

23. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow | CRICKET ka FUNDA

24. Pingback: Useful Photoshop Tools and Techniques For Your Workflow - Smashing Magazine

25. Pingback: Phaaroos » Acciones para crear botellas, frascos y latas con Photoshop

26. Pingback: Botellas, Frascos y Latas « WIKICLIK

27. Pingback: www.AlrocMedia.com » Blog Archive » Botellas, frascos y latas a un click

28. Vale

I did not know your product until I saw the post at Smashing Mag FB page. I’ve downloaded the Pill, Can and Wine actions and tested them in CS4, I can not believe it! it is just amazing, it looks like magic, you let the action do the work and just wait for the final product to come on the screen… wow! Thank you so much for such as wonderful work and so helpful for our design work.
    I will use some of your features to build my portfolio with real looking design pieces instead of flat artworks.

thanks a million!

29. Pingback: Botellas, frascos y latas a un click | Diego Mattei Blog

30. RW58

Really cool actions, thanks.
    Just tested them in Photoshop Elements 8: Wine works flawlessly while I get some error messages with Can & Pill (but final images seem OK anyway).

31. Pingback: The Web Designer’s Toolbox: A Collection of Cool and Free Graphic Design Stuff | Cute and Colorful

32. Pingback: The Web Designer’s Toolbox: A Hand-Picked Collection of Cool and Free Graphic Design Stuff | InspireMonkey - Neverending Web Curiosity!

33. Mel8

I love your products and respect your work. I just want to inform you that we’ve been waiting almost six months for you to release this product for sale, and I’m getting quite anxious to buy it.

I’d really love to buy it from you, but if I have to wait any longer, I can simply pass your work to another photoshop action developer and have them reverse engineer your hard work.

This would be very unfair to you, but I feel I have waited long enough for you to release these new products.

Sorry if this offends, but we all have businesses to run, and I suggest you release this product as soon as possible.

Thanks for the sample actions, they work great.

Mel

1. Tim from San Diego

I have never met Mark, or even talked on the telephone or emailed him… and yet, I respect this guy tremendously. All I know about him is based on his blog and his work and the comments of those who have prospered from his efforts.

I know that he practically ran himself ragged when this latest version of Cover Action Pro was released, in trying to fulfill orders. I also know that he has literally given away the fruits of his labors in various freebies to customers which he could have saved for the next version of his product.

He is a guy who works hard, and whose work has not only made designers a lot of money, but also made them look like geniuses to their clients. (All with the click of a button.) He took a time-saving feature in Photoshop and went much farther with it than I think anyone on the Adobe team would have envisioned. I see his work literally every day, as it is used by people in scads of industries. He has helped make it possible for for little Mom and Pop businesses to compete with major publishers, because the perception of their products can get a huge boost in professionalism.

And so it makes me both angry and sad to read a post like this one, where a person like Mel shows little to no regard for who-knows-how-many hours of hard work Mark has put into building his business.

Mark, I just hope you know that for every idiot out there like Mel, you have a legion of fans who seriously love you for all you do. It depresses me to read posts like hers and how she basically threatens you with theft of your intellectual property, and says, “Sorry if this offends, but we all have businesses to run.”

Granted, anyone can create actions, and I am sure that there is no doubt competition out there for you. But to have a customer – no a competitor – making such threats, is just plain depressing.

Let me tell you something, as someone who runs several image-related businesses, it’s not ALL about the business. It’s also about the people behind the business. And my respect for Mark is based on both the super high quality of his work, AND the fact that he just seems like a good-hearted guy.

Don’t let the idiots grind you down, Mark. While people like Mel are all-too-plentiful, I’m sure she has a reputation in her business as being someone who is willing to steal from others in order to prosper herself. But your reputation is gold with me. And in the end, she cannot buy back a good name, once her tactics are are seen by her clients.

Thanks for what you do, Mark. On behalf of everybody who uses your products, we appreciate both your awesome work AND your integrity.

Tim from San Diego

34. Pingback: (un)wirklich unecht | | blog.eyespeak.de |

35. Mike Keller

I love the idea your going with I think its awesome! but if I may give some input on the new designs please include bottles such as pill bottles water bottles little boxes such as like cold flue pill boxes advil boxes and so on because I get alot of request for these typical designs but its way to much work to do it all by hand.

let me know what you think im willing to help out for the next release :)

36. Idesignstudio

Hi Mike,

when CAP 3 will be released ??
    I hope that will be a Flexible Package inside because it’s hard to make some flexible design with Photoshop

Thank you for the bottles and the Cans it’s very useful

Best Regards , BaGeRa

37. Pingback: [PHOTOSHOP] New Photoshop CS4 Actions: Bottles and Cans – アクション1発でボトルラベルを作成 - mBlog

38. Pingback: Photoshop CS4: Nueva Acciones de Botellas y Latas | Ciberdix 2.0 :: Blog Creativo!!

39. Adam

Awesome – Thank’s for the share! I love Photoshop actions they save me a crapload of time :)

The wine bottle has to be the best though !

40. Marcus

Have you put any thought into clamshell case actions? I design them for physical fulfillment all the time and usually just use one of the binders as the start then change up the top a little.

41. Sander

This is great! I was searching for an action that could create a vitamin bottle, but is there any way to create one that’s white, instead of orange?

When’s the new product coming out? Can I buy an action for a white bottle separately?

Sander

42. Marcus

Mark, thanks for the free can action, I can’t wait to use this one, though need to come up with a good idea for it.

Just want to say that I count the day I first discovered your actions for Photoshop, one of my better days on the web =)

Thanks Mark and I wish you the greatest of success for the future. Your work rocks!

Marcus

43. Pingback: Earth Day Activities - Bad Behavior At An Earth Day Event

44. Paul

Hey Mark, – Thanks for these fun freebies. They’re not something I need at this point but you never know when some unique client request or marketing opportunity might make them immediately relevant. And now I’ve got a couple of great tools in the toolbox to get it done.

BTW, I wanted to let you know that the actions worked okay in my CS3. Not sure that means everyone will get the same mileage but at least it worked.

Thanks again, – Paul

45. Michael Worthington

Hi Mark,

First of all, thanks a ton for the actions!

I was lucky enough to get a set of CAP 1, and they have served me faithfully and well for a long time now.

I’m sorry I missed out on CAP 2.0. I’ve regretted it practically every week since it sold out. If you ever release another action series with tutorials, I’ll take out a second mortgage on the house if I have to – to be able to get it!

Michael

46. Chris

Mark

Mate every time I come to your blog I learn something. Thank you for the new actions – Just awesome ! !

Like the many others in your blog – you emails are one of the only ones I open as soon as they arrive – your professionalism if truly remarkable.

47. adam taha

Hey Mark,

I just tried it on CS3 and thought I’d get back and drop by and say…

It works! Just did a print out too on my A3 printer and it’s so crystal clear, no pixelated whatsoever. Just clear and edge is smooth.

Just thought I’d drop a note again to mention that. Again thanks mate for these three scripts.

48. Marcus Wickes

Very cool… so where have you been? I don’t open a lot of emails, but I always want to read yours since you always have something I want. Keep it up! You make me look good. Every time I whip an action up for work they comment how much it looks like I took professional photos of the product. And I let them think that! :-)

49. adam taha

Great actions but haven’t got CS4. Will see if it works on CS3. Still, cheers for sharing mate. Was wondering what happened to yah.

Great to see you back. Hope you keep for others who have CS3 if you do come out with a bundle of new actions like these.

Cheers

Adam Taha

50. Ana Leon

Hi Mark, for me, you are a genius! Although I don’t have CS4 yet, by the quality of your Cover Action Pro 2.0 I already know this is going to be excellent too. Thanks for the emails and the feebies!

Ana Leon

51. Chipp

Mark,

Pure Genius! Glad to see you’re recovered and back in the saddle. Have to say your last gig was truly inspiring.

One thing about these…how does one add the ‘drops’ like on the can? It really makes it look refreshing.

52. Dave in Campbell

Marko…

Glad you’re back in the saddle again… ;)

Send me an e-mail… I have some data on Lynda.com for you…

53. Asher

Hi Mark,

Awesome – these are wonderful gifts =) I’m sure you’ll create a whole new industry standard as you have previously.

Asher

54. Patrick

Great Mike! I was thinking whether you are thinking of developing templates for advertisement posters with specific categories :
    - Self Development; workshops, seminars, etc.
    - Family Life; marriage, parenting, divorce recovery
    - Camps
    - Business training
    - Special events…musical play, etc.

55. Linda

thanks Mark, very cool actions as usual!
    Any chance you will be selling a CAP 2.0 version without all the ‘fluff’,just the straight actions?

56. Adrian.I

Hi Mike, I’m so glad you’ve come back to life :))
    I was really worried about you because you haven’t sent an e-mail or posted something new on this blog for ages.
    Anyway, those 3 new actions look kinda cool. I like them a lot and I’m looking forward 4 more of them.

What about that survey you posted back in October I think…when you asked us if we wanted to receive some other products from you, like making-money-online products ?

Are you going to surprise us once again and come up with something about that too ?

57. Roger Ridpath

Mark, VERY COOL!. I actually do label designs for several smaller restaurants for their own branded sauces etc. It’s generally a glass jar with a label I design applied. It would be great if you create an action for that. I’d be able to present concepts the look like the finished product! I’ll be at the front of the line to buy if you can include that.