The biggest update we’ve had in 5 years is finally here. Major improvements to all Action Scripts and a completely new website redesign. This has been long overdue to say the least! CAP is still going strong since it’s first release back in 2005 with thousands of users in over 100 countries. We’re now making an even bigger come back in 2014.
This will be a free update for all users of CAP2.
Many nerdy updates and changes have been made along with new action scripts. Most improvements are “under the hood”; they have been touched up, enhanced and optimized to work better with Photoshop CC.
CAP Extreme has been merged into CAP Standard. I understand this might ruffle a few feathers because Extreme was a higher priced item. We have off-set this by including 40 new Action Scripts in the free update :-)
New scripts added
Books, Boxes, Blu-Ray covers, Bottles, Canvas Wraps, Brochures, Web Graphics and Stationary. Full PDF catalog will be available when we launch the new website.
Template packs have been bundled together. The price has not been merged so it will still cost the same if you were to buy them separately. I understand many of you purchased both template packs last year.
Down and Dirty Fixes
- Reduced extra white space around many models and prevented clipping on shadows.
- Some typo fixes with model names on templates.
- Removed some unnecessary action steps to speed up run time.
- Reduced highlights on selected models to fix glare and haze.
- Fixed CD1 Template by displaying correct printing area for disc.
- Fixed CD10 Template by displaying correct printing area for disc.
- Fixed model name placement on CD3.
- Fixed highlight on CD mount for action CD4.
- Fixed model number placement on CD5
- Fixed rendering error with WEB009 and 010 running under PS CC.
- and many more misc repairs.
Changes and New looks
- Action scripts now have shorter file names (Action numbers are still the same).
- New background color and enhanced readability on gray templates.
- Action folders now contain preview images for identifying models easier.
- Many scripts had a makeover with highlights and shadows.
- Model numbers are now displayed in the documents tab.
- Larger model numbers displayed on templates with improved aesthetics.
New Website Features
- Multi-user licensing on checkout (By high request).
- New Sales Video.
- Download an Invoice instantly for any order.
- Personal Accounts for keeping track of the items you buy.
Affiliate program now running. Signup Today
frequently asked questions
Q. How do we download the update?
A. Everyone that owns CAP 2.0 would of received a secret code by email. Unless you have chosen to opt-out of the newsletter.
Q. Will the updated scripts work with older versions of Photoshop?
A. Yes, about 98%. I always advise users to upgrade when you can.
Please comment for more questions.